Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mary's Strawberry Brownie Cake- age 4

When we were little my mom used to let us cook with her. If we were really lucky, she'd even let us make the recipe! This is a one that I created when I was 4 years old. We should've known back then that I wasn't destined to be a chef....

Here it is, exactly how my mom copied it:

Mary Garvey's Recipe 6-1-89
Strawberry Brownie Cake
Make it a lot of times. Now it's ketchup & mustard & a lot of nuts. Now a little more ketchup and mustard and some salt and pepper and some eggs (3 eggs). Then you put some cake in it then some, a little more nuts. Now some strawberries. Then some dough, cookie dough. You cook it when you get it. It needs to be in the stove, not the microwave, 'cause it hurts my tongue. It needs to be cooked at 350 because the eggs make it turn yellow. You need to put a little more ketchup and mustard in it and a little more egg. Now that's it. (How do you serve it?) You put a little cinnamon on the top of it.
And there you have it. Think I should submit this to the Pillsbury Bakeoff?

No comments: