Monday, January 28, 2008

Chicken Theresa ...

.... Or that really awesome chicken dish that Gina made for Esther the first time she met her.

I first got this recipe from my college roommate, Sarah. Her family called it Chicken Theresa because her Aunt Theresa would make this for all family functions. I've never had an actual recipe for it so I'll do my best here but it's really mostly to taste and perfection comes with experimenting with it along the way.

What you need:
Boneless, skinless Chicken breats (I allow for one per person)
Butter
Garlic
White Wine
1 -2 cans of Artichoke Hearts - drained and quartered
1 small - medium bag of still dry, sun-dried tomatoes, halved (the tomatoes re-hydrate with all the yummy flavors of the butter/wine/garlic sauce)
Pasta of your choice

Dredge each chicken breast in flour. Melt between half and a whole stick of butter in a large, deep pan with tons of garlic. Cook the chicken breasts in the melted butter/garlic until cooked through. Add a bunch of white wine, stir the whole mixture and bring it to a simmer.

Add artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes to the sauce and let it simmer until it's nice and thick. You can always add some flour/water mixture to the sauce to help thicken it a little more if you feel the need.

While this is all cooking up, I prepare the pasta; I serve it over penne but you can use any kind of pasta you'd like.

And that's pretty much it .... =) Enjoy!!!!

No comments: